• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser2959

My real loss is in my confidence that the game is worth studying, understanding, and devising and implementing strategies based on that understanding. I enjoy Elvenar primarily as a puzzle involving trade offs between in game real estate, the passage of time outside the game, and my available play time. The more uncertainty about the future values of these trade offs, the less worthwhile it is to devise and implement strategies.

kctanzen

not when you have to sacrifice main buildings and factories like i did

I specifically said *replacing* event buildings, not regular build menu items.
I can't see a situation where you would have to rip out regular build items to offset a nerf to event buildings, if you didn't have event buildings out the wazoo in the city as a substantial means for providing culture / population.

The Unbeliever

There are no premium buildings on the list.

We all got our free magic residence. Somebody discovered that a little while ago in our FS. Check your inventory
Now did you have to have physically placed one or more of the now nerfed/rebalanced buildings in your active city to gain the Magic Res?

Only asking because dad's got his in all 4 of his cities, but I haven't gotten anything in my 2.
Only difference between us is that he had 1 or more of the rebalanced buildings in each of his cities, while I never placed mine. (just left 'em in inventory;) )

DeletedUser9474

While we've all been distracted by population loss, I find the real issue is supplies. Despite having taken advantage of the fast WS turn around on Monday, my cities are unable to train troops any more. What was fun about this game, is that you could set up a fairly balanced city so you could play when and as much as you wanted/were able. Now, to keep enough supplies I would be required to be logged in most the day. No way dudes. No longer fun.

kctanzen

Kats .. could you help me understand the supplies change?
I didn't notice anything negative to my supply creation.
Even with negative culture / population, workshops continue to produce at the same rate - you just can't upgrade or build anything new requiring culture and / or population.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I specifically said *replacing* event buildings, not regular build menu items.
I can't see a situation where you would have to rip out regular build items to offset a nerf to event buildings, if you didn't have event buildings out the wazoo in the city as a substantial means for providing culture / population.
I haven't decided if I will continue, but if I do I'll have to give up one T2 and One T3 factory to get to where I want to be again.
Kats .. could you help me understand the supplies change?
I didn't notice anything negative to my supply creation.
Even with negative culture / population, workshops continue to produce at the same rate - you just can't upgrade or build anything new requiring culture and / or population.
A drop of several thousand culture, and buildings that no longer boost as far when they are helped leads to a lower culture bonus which gives fewer supplies and fewer coins with every collection. While the base rate of both is unchanged, the actual collection is reduced by about 25% on average for me.

kctanzen

Ahhhh -- right Ashrem!!

The culture bonus is a significant impact .. haven't seen a decent one since I started orcs and kind of forgot that angle.
And another 'hidden' cost of a culture nerf.....

DeletedUser9474

I haven't decided if I will continue, but if I do I'll have to give up one T2 and One T3 factory to get to where I want to be again.
A drop of several thousand culture, and buildings that no longer boost as far when they are helped leads to a lower culture bonus which gives fewer supplies and fewer coins with every collection. While the base rate of both is unchanged, the actual collection is reduced by about 25% on average for me.
Exactly. Thanks for explaining.

hvariidh gwendrot

i can understand the why they rebalanced but the how is amazingly bad .. why they could not have included a math algorithm to refigure the percentages so advanced players would get an equal ratio on output vs a huge drop in pop/culture/supplies seems like a huge mistake to me .. I hope you guys can figure this out

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Now did you have to have physically placed one or more of the now nerfed/rebalanced buildings in your active city to gain the Magic Res?
afaik absolutely everyone should get a mag res in every city. I base this on my chapter 2 city that has zero event buildings other than wishing wells.

DeletedUser9916

So not only do they expect us to lose the buildings a lot of us spent money in the way of diamonds on we also have to lose buldings we spent months and some of us money with the same money spent on events getting time accelerations or just diamonds to finish these buildings to toss them away to fix their " rebalancing"
Not just that, they gave everyone else a big boost they didn't earn or pay for to move them farther up the ranks as we drown.

DeletedUser9916

No, but I'm sure there were many people who spent diamonds (or claimed to spend diamonds) to open more event boxes to get some of the buildings in question. Not quite the same as a change to the buildings physically purchased with diamonds, but I could see someone feeling the same level of anger.
When the Mega Millions jackpots are rediculously inflated everyone buys lottery tickets. Some people will put in overtime to have extra funds to buy more lottery tickets. I hit the jackpot in the Winter Event after committing wakeless hours to get as many chances as I had. I did spend real money to help this event along for my piece of the Mega Millions. So later Inno decides the Mega Millions is bigger than the other lotteries so the send a nuclear warhead to destroy the mansions the winnners built. But that's ok because we still have 2 bedrooms but no walls. The Government did aid the devistation these warheads created by giving a huge tax break to the entire world of 5k$ each when I lost millions and the average winner lost in the hunderes of thousands.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I started a new city a couple weeks ago, right at the end of the Walpurgis event and am now nearing the end of Ch 2. While I won the small prizes for that (the light post and the codex) and placed them; that city got a magic residence just like my big city (in Woodelves there) and the small city had none of the rebalanced buildings. My big city was only impacted by the changes to the Rainbow Flower Cage and 1, maybe 2 unicorns (all those were from Ch 1 & 2; just keep them around because I like them). So, it looks to me like everyone gets them for each city.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
so is this thing a mystery spell? cause i dunno nothing about when or how it will be given oh and serious what kind of spell ?
The new spell isn't finished yet. when it is ready, it will get put in with your other spells. What has already been delivered is a single magic residence, which will be in the instants tab

DeletedUser9601

When the Mega Millions jackpots are rediculously inflated everyone buys lottery tickets. Some people will put in overtime to have extra funds to buy more lottery tickets. I hit the jackpot in the Winter Event after committing wakeless hours to get as many chances as I had. I did spend real money to help this event along for my piece of the Mega Millions. So later Inno decides the Mega Millions is bigger than the other lotteries so the send a nuclear warhead to destroy the mansions the winnners built. But that's ok because we still have 2 bedrooms but no walls. The Government did aid the devistation these warheads created by giving a huge tax break to the entire world of 5k$ each when I lost millions and the average winner lost in the hunderes of thousands.
That is the worst analogy I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying something.