• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Saga of The Restoration Spell..

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Seeing as RR was from the start meant to be an alternative use for Blueprints, I'd say the ease of obtaining it has been decreased and accessibility has in fact widened by making some RR available without having to hit 10 chests
That's revisionist. The RR was the first thing brought up by the developers. Blueprints were a (later) interim measure when they couldn't get RR working.

DeletedUser12171

That's revisionist. The RR was the first thing brought up by the developers. Blueprints were a (later) interim measure when they couldn't get RR working.

Are you sure?

As far as I know, this is the sequence of events

- players who didn't have magic buildings but did get Blueprints wanted another use for them
- it was decided that a suitable use would be to upgrade event buildings
- to prepare for this feature, building stats were rebalanced to fit the chapters
- RR would be the replacement for Blueprints. All Blueprints would be converted to RR at a ratio 1:10, and be taken out of the game moving forward. Upgrading of both Magic and Event buildings would be through RR. Completing 10 chests would give you 11 RRs
- The implementation faced backlash from players who wanted to upgrade Magic buildings because they would effectively need more than 1 Blueprint per upgrade at higher levels (building size > 10 squares). Also, they would now have to complete more than 10 chests to upgrade one Magic building.
- the implementation was reversed. Blueprints were kept. Magic buildings continue to be upgraded with Blueprints only. RR was also kept but for upgrading Event buildings only. A way to convert RR to Blueprints was added via Crafting. Blueprints would convert 1:10. completing 10 chests would net 5 RRs + 1 Blueprint, for a potential 15 RRs if the Blueprint was converted.

Am I wrong in my understanding?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

This is a fascinating conversation. So glad I am not far enough into the game to have an opinion. I remember conversations like this in the FOE forums, usually about the battle mechanics, that persisted for years. Great to see people passionate about the game. Carry on. :)
My mind goes, "Ah, they are arguing semantics and personal life/game philosophies again. SURELY THERE WILL BE A 'WINNER'." Muahahahahahaha!

DeletedUser20709

I'm not so sure that is anyone's goal in these instances...Usually people just want their opinions heard and respected. Of course it's a rare soul who voices an opinion they don't think is correct, but that's human nature for you. So far this thread has remained civil, and I think that's a marvelous indicator as to the character of the people involved. Good people with different views...Welcome to America. :p:D

DeletedUser20951

I'm not so sure that is anyone's goal in these instances...Usually people just want their opinions heard and respected. Of course it's a rare soul who voices an opinion they don't think is correct, but that's human nature for you. So far this thread has remained civil, and I think that's a marvelous indicator as to the character of the people involved. Good people with different views...Welcome to America. :p:D
True, but I am tickled by how often the entire 'argument' tends to be conflating opinions with facts, and misunderstanding, either willfully or not, the other's point. Arguing is of the good, though. SCIENCE SAYS SO. All hail mighty Science!

DeletedUser20709

Here ya go @Ed1960 , I'll share
U2VDf2g.gif

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I may have lacked clarity. In your case, by invested I'm much more concerned with thought, planning, and effort, than with the number of hours put into staring at the screen. I've watched you redesign another player's city, who was not in your fellowship, just because you were trying to be helpful. you'll have a hard time convincing me you aren't invested :p
Yeah I was just jumping in on the how much time you need to spend to get 10 chests part of the conversation. (It's not a lot, elevator+toilet time is plenty)*
I can and will design cities for basically anyone who asks in architect, as that's actually more fun than this game most of the time.

*To be clear, yes, I am advising players to use elevators as toilets.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Are you sure?
As far as I know, this is the sequence of events
- players who didn't have magic buildings but did get Blueprints wanted another use for them

Am I wrong in my understanding?
Yes, I'm sure, and yes, you're wrong in your understanding, because no, you haven't got the timeline correct. You're basing your understanding on an incomplete sequence of events., which completely ignores the first half of the process.

- Players spend a year+ saying the event buildings are beautiful and they wish they didn't have to discard them. (At least partly misleading, on at least part of the player-base, because for a lot of people it was their power, not their beauty, which they wanted to preserve)
- Players suggest repeatedly that a way to upgrade event buildings would be nice.
- Developers say they are going to make upgrading event buildings a thing
- Developers say they need to adjust the power of event buildings because they will be upgradable soon
- Developers adjust power level of event buildings, leaving some people in chapters 4-6 with up to -10,000 population (half of their total population) (estimate, personally, I only experienced -7,000 population on my Dwarf era city which I abandoned.)
- Developers say, we'll give you a free magic residence to make things better, and a free event building when we figure out how to make that work.
- Blueprints come out for people who get 10 chests in a tournament, allowing them to upgrade magic buildings.
- Players say this isn't what we asked for.
- Your timeline begins

So basically, your timeline includes everything that makes players look bad, and nothing that shows the developers failing to live up to what they indicated they were planning. Other than that, it's an excellent timeline.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yeah I was just jumping in on the how much time you need to spend to get 10 chests part of the conversation. (It's not a lot, elevator+toilet time is plenty)*
You don't need extra time to get ten chests. You need that much time to turn a 4 chest group into a ten chest group. Once you are in a ten chest group, you need very little extra time to have it all.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem @RandomNo. The contention in your differing timelines is regarding the order of events and I'm pretty sure blueprints existed from the very beginning of fellowship-oriented tournaments, certainly way before the rebalancing in May 2018.
You're correct on that part. I mis-remembered when Blueprints were introduced. But they were certainly introduced long after we started asking for ways to upgrade event buildings.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you used RR's on Wishing Wells, would that allow you to have another 100 days of production out of them or ? Trying to understand what the benefit of the RR's are?
Excellent question. I wondered myself, but am not willing to waste RRs when I think I already know and don't like the answer.

If upgrading the expiring buildings doesn't reset them, then they shouldn't be eligible. Eventually someone's going to waste points upgrading and generate angry trouble tickets.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Since I need to keep my blueprints it will take 4 weeks of 10 chest tournaments before I can upgrade my oldest event Phoenix by one level up from Woodelves. Feels like WooHoo but beats a blank I guess. Just trying to put this into perspective :rolleyes:

Adding: It shows on the upgrade tab that if you use RR spell on wishing well it just increases the culture. I'm guessing some players keep them after they run out of other advantages.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You don't need extra time to get ten chests. You need that much time to turn a 4 chest group into a ten chest group. Once you are in a ten chest group, you need very little extra time to have it all.
Yep. About 12 months IIRC, and thats with 5 or 6, not 4, so probably another few weeks.
We went from
5-6 chests to
300 min points
600 min points
10 chests every 4 weeks,
Every 2 weeks,
Every week
Gained and lost 15? players I think.
Recruitment in elvenar is hella painful.

DeletedUser19723

Recruitment in elvenar is hella painful.

Is this because there are more fellowships that want to reach the 10 chests than there are players that really want that? From my "beginner" perspective, Elvenar has something for everyone. It's all a matter of what that something is. Casual, competitive, super competitive? As long as one is satisfied with their game play, there is no right way, is there? And yeah, as one plays longer and longer, I'll bet their game play changes. As far as the 10 chests, I'm thinking that there are probably many players who lust after that, but once actually invested in doing it, they back off because they find they don't want that commitment.

It's funny, when you said that recruitment is painful it made me think that I'm already noticing a lot of players start a city, immediately join a fellowship, then decide they don't care for the game and just stop playing. When I look around in elvenstats, I see fellowships littered with beginner players who've moved on. It isn't hard to have some consideration for the FS and click the Leave option, is it? Am I being too idealistic?:rolleyes: