• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

kctanzen

Hmm .. perhaps somebody else posted this in another thread ...

The rewards (relics in particular, almost positive the coin / supplies / KP as well) do not impact the recurring quest counts.
I expected that any change in my inventory affected active quest lines.

I even logged out / back in .. didn't move the requirements on the recurring quest.

Is this "functioning as designed"?
If so .. I daresay that is a very poor design!!

DeletedUser5800

I expected that any change in my inventory affected active quest lines.
Things gained from quests do not count towards other quests and never have. If that's what you were asking. Everything else should count. (except selling things)(and tournaments do not count as solving encounters)

kctanzen

I must have been confused (happens a lot....) The neighbor help chests do impact the other quests and I thought the even quests were similar. Thanks for clearing that up.

DeletedUser1108

I have one city where I've completed Halflings and another where I'm at the front side of Orcs, in neither do I find ANY incentive to waste time on this silly 'event' (non-event?). The daily incentives are completely meaningless and the "Grand Prizes" are distinctly less than grand. A total miss for me Inno, I'll spend my time doing something productive like the Planks tourney.

DeletedUser14960

Hi all

I am still in it .

Grinding out 200 troops in chapter 1 is a PITA.

Had to put all my resources into 2 armories and a barracks and get them all to level 4 .

I bet you all remember them good old days .As green as grass and wet behind the ears LMAO

Looks like they going to be needed anyway so not a real big waste of time and effort.

Prob going to be grinding troops for a while longer .

As promised will keep ya posted until I decide to chuck in the towel .

HI HO HI HO back of to work we go .

LMAO all the way

Elenara

I will not be participating in the Redbeard event. The rewards are not worth the cost in supplies and goods. My cities are still recovering from the last event and trading still has not recovered. Everyone wants scrolls crystal steel and elixir, including me and no one has any to spare. I enjoy playing the game, building my cities and all these events keep me from that. So I will sit back, work on my cities and when it ends I hope to have goods to trade with others

DeletedUser9788

My question is why is there a giant reward discrepancy between chapters 8 and 9? I am currently in chapter 8 (and probably will be for a while...) and the prizes are underwhelming at best. At chapters 9 and above I think they offer a reasonable per square appeal but certainly not for below those chapters. Any thoughts?

DeletedUser11823

Dear Humans and Elves,

As already mentioned, Robert Redbeard is back to his hunting days, and we need your help! Let us know what you think about this two-part event in this discussion thread.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Hi, how short is the "short break" between the two parts of the event? Is it the rest of the week after part 1 is over as in until the following Monday?

DeletedUser9601

My question is why is there a giant reward discrepancy between chapters 8 and 9? I am currently in chapter 8 (and probably will be for a while...) and the prizes are underwhelming at best. At chapters 9 and above I think they offer a reasonable per square appeal but certainly not for below those chapters. Any thoughts?
The jump from Ch 8 to Ch 9 isn't only contained in this event's rewards. Its the same for every event, as well as the buildings themselves.
I think the generally agreed upon rationale is that, Ch 8 (orcs) is the last chapter before you need mana. In Ch 9 (Woodelves), you need mana, and you can only get mana through buildings that also produce culture. So the developers significantly increased the culture per square of Ch 9 buildings (and onward) to accommodate the fact that you now really need to fit 2 buildings (a culture building and a mana building) into the space of 1 building.

DeletedUser5800

The neighbor help chests do impact the other quests and I thought the even quests were similar.
Things you get from helping neighbors should count towards quest. There was a bug where relics/spells were not for some people during the last event so if that was what you were asking then yes things from chest for helping should be counting, if they are not file a ticket with support.

DeletedUser14960

Hi again ( I probably should be to still be in this quest LOL)

Well its taking its toll for sure ,its killing me on supplies .

The rewards are pretty crap for all the effort you need to divert , some how I have ended up with loads of spells to aid culture which is pretty crap for someone on my level which has no real use for them yet , spells for production would have been a lot more use and help.

Only because I am a newb and striving to build my city most of the quest goals are not to far off target why i am still in it .

From a view of my first Quest I am pretty sure I will not be taking part in another one . ( There needs to be more Incentive )

I can now understand what many of you that have taken part in previous Quests mean by saying it takes to much of a toll on supplies etc, and you are still trying to recover .

I am that far into it that i will try to get to the end of this first session .

Will keep ya posted like I said I would .

Will i take part in next section of this Quest ?

DeletedUser3507

Totally up to you if you complete the first one do the second one.

Nectar of the Gods

I'm doing the event when it matches up with what I'm doing in the city. That is why in some cities (I play in 4 worlds atm) I am still on "gain 18 relics". I probably won't finish the quest. But that's ok. I'm not trying to. I put a ton of energy in the winter event, and it really burnt me out. My cities need time to recover from that event. So do I.

Btw, dev team, I don't like set buildings. Scratch that. I _HATE_ set buildings. Would you please go back to stand-alone buildings as prizes on these events? Please?

Or expansions. That would be a grand prize worth the hoops we're asked to jump through.

I agree with what some other players have said here. This mini-event comes a little too close to the last one. Some space between events would probably garner less criticism. The fatigue factor is, imo, huge.

All that said, I'm grateful for your efforts. And some people will enjoy this event. I'm only one player after all. I don't have to play an event if I don't want to play it. So all's good.

DeletedUser10868

I just wanted to point out, the first building was described as being a 3x2, but when I got it and placed it in my city, it's actually 4x2....

DeletedUser

I don't get it, INNO owns FoE where events are relevant, this stuff is just a waste of time and effort, trying to finish all the quests in under seven days? Really? I guess this game/events WAS/ARE NOT designed for people who actually work for a living? Back to FoE I go, Hi -Ho!

DeletedUser14396

I still consider myself new, having just started chapter 3, and I thought Robert Redbeard looked like a fun little side game. But when I got to the part about having to buy KPs I decided it was time to stop. They are just too expensive for me.