• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

DeletedUser5800

They are just too expensive for me
When small like that the cost can get steep fast. If you are in a good FS you can usually get a bigger player to do a bad trade with you for Tier 1 for Tier 3 goods and use those. You could pick up the first 12Kp for under a 1,000 T3 if you have never done it before and the other 4 should be easy enough. By the next event you should be in a better spot.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm lucky, in that I buy 3-5 kp most days, so I got through the majority of the events pretty fast, then it took about 3 days with my regular play style to buy the KPs, and finally finished a few minutes ago. In my main city. I'm not even attempting it in the others, because I don't have time to play them enough to buy that many KP in a week.

DeletedUser9601

By the next event you should be in a better spot.
That being said, I think the instincts of @Feinor are correct. Its probably not worth it for a Chapter 3 player to spend all these resources on 161 culture (at a somewhat better per/sq value than Mysterious Cyclone/Monster Fountain) and 120 tier 2 goods per day. I can't imagine keeping that building around for more than a chapter.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That being said, I think the instincts of @Feinor are correct. Its probably not worth it for a Chapter 3 player to spend all these resources on 161 culture (at a somewhat better per/sq value than Mysterious Cyclone/Monster Fountain) and 120 tier 2 goods per day. I can't imagine keeping that building around for more than a chapter.
Noting that if you get both, the number of T2 goods will double.

I have to say, using the app so I can visit all 200+ neighbors in a few minutes has made a huge difference in my coin.

DeletedUser5800

I can't imagine keeping that building around for more than a chapter.
I'm doing it in my Ch.3 just because I was missing the hand from the winter set and it bug links with the others. LOL :p
It really depends on playstyle, for people that don't play much it could hang around for a good while building up free goods. For people here often the gain is garbage and the building isn't hardly worth placing and will be the first to go.

DeletedUser14718

I have been busting my butt and am only on #16. I have spent $25 real money and I still doubt I will complete all 25 tasks. This is way to hard. I am disabled and besides going out to movies once a day or doctors appointments I am always playing. I even set an alarm for when I can or should play again to wake up.

If a guy like me, spending this much ACTIVE TIME playing, can't do all 25 tasks others don't stand a chance.

DeletedUser5800

If a guy like me, spending this much ACTIVE TIME playing, can't do all 25 tasks others don't stand a chance.
It is hard on inexperienced players for sure. Those of us that have been here forever and started smaller cities can do it easily but there are a few key things newer players may not have done to set up making events as easy as possible.
1. Find the quest list before you start or on day 1 so you can plan ahead, trying to do quest as they come is nearly if not impossible.
2. Don't buy Kp with goods and probably even gold except for events until Chapter 5+ when you are confident you can always meet the requirements with production. Even then it's good to pick one tier and still never buy Kp with it except during events.
3. Have a couple of provinces scouted but not done for when you need relics/solve encounters. Relics are better gotten from the tournament but for Chapters 1-3 you will not have a large enough map unlocked and will have to get some off the world map.
4. Have some stockpiled goods, as hard as that is for small cities, resist the urge to always use everything and use weeks while nothing is going on to hoard a little and act like you don't have until you REALLY need it. (Emergency fund: Pretend 3-5K is your 0)
5. Keep 2 expansion empty or full of culture you can sell and easily rebuild just for building Lv1 buildings for events. It's always nice to be able to throw 10 extra workshops or Tier 1 good factories out there to grind quest faster/preset for the next days quest. (and even a must for most small builds)
6. Keep 200-300 extra population for building temp. event Lv 1 workshops and Tier 1.
7. If possible have a large FS member or neighbor willing to loan you a bad trade to get you through really rough spots and get them back after the event.
8. Make sure you preset as many troops and spells as you can so they are ready when the quest pops up instead of having to wait.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and learn to disconnect roads from finished preset productions until you get to the quest so you don't accidentally collect it.

Those of us that have done so many do most of that without even thinking, it is critical for new players to understand how to be playing two days ahead of where they are. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Btw, dev team, I don't like set buildings. Scratch that. I _HATE_ set buildings. Would you please go back to stand-alone buildings as prizes on these events? Please?
This was a player requested feature, and many of us like set buildings. Scratch that. I_LOVE_set buildings.
I just wanted to point out, the first building was described as being a 3x2, but when I got it and placed it in my city, it's actually 4x2....
Not in my city.... can you take a screenshot?

dikke ikke

I missed my carefully planned 1 scouting request due to other obligation (real life), which costs me a 48 hour delay and now i can only start the last request when the tournament is finished :( I have still 4 relics open in the province and my scout is still busy for the coming 29 hours, that is a total of 12 relics. A new scouting will not be finished in time so I have to be extremely lucky to get the missing 8 relics by visiting my neighbors or fellows. This will be my first event that i can not finish BUMMER

DeletedUser5800

A new scouting will not be finished in time so I have to be extremely lucky to get the missing 8 relics by visiting my neighbors or fellows.
...and the quest after scout is 'Solve 12 Encounters' :(

DeletedUser10868

This was a player requested feature, and many of us like set buildings. Scratch that. I_LOVE_set buildings.

Not in my city.... can you take a screenshot?

I'm not that good with computers, but I've followed the instructions for the screenshot, so.. here's hoping! ;)
Capture.JPG

You'll note behind it I have a free square and a splendid stone of art... Splendid stone of art = 3x1, free square = 1x1... 3+1=4....

So, yeah. It's 4x2.

dikke ikke

no time instants left, If the event would last 3 or four hours longer i would be save, i will see what tomorrow and Monday will bring, maybe there will be a promotion for instants and very maybe i get tempted to buy

DeletedUser5800

@borderlinecrazy It's definitely 3x2, I have it on 4 cities, both humans and elves, I can't see a 'free square' in your screen shot, it looks like it lines up just as it should... if it is however actually 4x2 contact support because it's the only one that is. :confused:
upload_2018-1-20_11-58-14.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10868

@borderlinecrazy It's definitely 3x2, I have it on 4 cities, both humans and elves, I can't see a 'free square' in your screen shot, it looks like it lines up just as it should... if it is however actually 4x2 contact support because it's the only one that is. :confused:
View attachment 3236

EDIT: Try building a lamp post in the 'free square' because I think you are seeing the empty space that is actually part of the mana sawmill graphic and it isn't open.
I think they must've been monitoring, because the next time I refreshed my screen, I gained a line of free squares beside it.. it went down to a 3x2, and now I have a little more space!! See:
Capture.JPG

DeletedUser5800

I think they must've been monitoring, because the next time I refreshed my screen, I gained a line of free squares beside it.. it went down to a 3x2, and now I have a little more space!! See:
Or you just moved it over into the full space between it and the mana saw... I guess we'll never know. o_O
upload_2018-1-20_12-25-9.png

DeletedUser14960

hi again ( yeah man i think i must be )

Does this building do or give you anything for all the trouble to aquire it ?

does it produce coin ?

or tools ?

or any kind of supplies or resources etc ?

or is it just a monument that does nothing but look good to some people LMAO

DeletedUser5800

dikke ikke

in an effort to still get the 20 relics I sacrificed a carrot and a pumpkin field to have space for the endless excavation, it should give me 2 extra relics + 12 from fighting in the provinces + 2 that I received from NH that makes 16. So that means that if the NH of tomorrow and the one of Monday give met a total of 4 relics, i can just make it. Keep my fingers crossed