• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

DeletedUser5800

in an effort to still get the 20 relics I sacrificed a carrot and a pumpkin field to have space for the endless excavation, it should give me 2 extra relics + 12 from fighting in the provinces + 2 that I received from NH that makes 16. So that means that if the NH of tomorrow and the one of Monday give met a total of 4 relics, i can just make it. Keep my fingers crossed
You do have 12 extra encounters you can do for quest 21 right? Otherwise that's 12 relics that won't be there when you get to quest 25.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'll bite. Why do you love set buildings?
Off the top of my head:
  • Adds motivation and reward for completing both parts of events in a 1+1=3 way
  • Only 1 street connection required
  • Production collections are easily kept even with all buildings having the same timer
  • Larger sets give choices of layouts, deciding which buildings will get full set bonuses adds complexity
  • Generally each part is quite small, allowing for many variations of placement
  • Allows for a themed section in a city that can be aesthetically pleasing
  • So far they have been quite powerful at least in my chapters
So what is it you hate about them?

kctanzen

I don't remember ... do relics from neighbor help chests (rare, but not unheard of) or adding KP to another person's Ancient Wonder queue impact these numbers? That may be a possible fix for one or two short as well.

DeletedUser5800

I am talking about quest 25, the last quest of part 1, for that one i hope to get 4 relics of of 2 days NH, otherwise i will not make it
I know that, but in your first post you said you were waiting on the scout which is quest 20, which was going to leave you with 12, but quest 21 is solve 12 encounters. which would eat those 12... maybe I misunderstood.

dikke ikke

Because i missed the scout last wednesday, everything from that point on was delayed at least by 48 hours, resulting in the last request #25 being available 2 hours after the tourney ended. Endless excavation is under construction to have a bigger change to get the necessary relics

DeletedUser14718

I am done. I am stuck on 22. I don't have the coins, supplies or space to upgrade. Most of my buildings are already maxed out anyways to the level they can be.

I am disappointed.

DeletedUser5800

I am done. I am stuck on 22. I don't have the coins, supplies or space to upgrade. Most of my buildings are already maxed out anyways to the level they can be.
If you can make a spot to level up 1 marble factory to Lv5, sell it and do it again 3 times, they will count going one at a time and marble levels up fast while being small... but you may just get stuck on the last quest to gain 20 relics anyway if you are in that much of a bind.

DeletedUser14960

hi again

I am pretty much done also I gave it a shot but am out of everything .

cant upgrade any buildings as i need population and dont have room for any more residence and the cost to upgrade what i have it just to much .

It just gets you at every turn .

Even if i could get to the end i just do not have room to place the building anyway so its kind of pointless to pursue it any further.

Rewards just did not make it worth all the resources you need to put in if you are a newb or at a low chapter etc

I dont think I will do another challenge either until i reach a much higher level and it becomes easier .

Sorry Folks I am Done with this one so close yet so far .

DeletedUser14718

If you can make a spot to level up 1 marble factory to Lv5, sell it and do it again 3 times, they will count going one at a time and marble levels up fast while being small... but you may just get stuck on the last quest to gain 20 relics anyway if you are in that much of a bind.

Yeah. I would never be able to do #25 anyways. It was a good run, just disappointing since I am new to the game and was enjoying myself enough I have spent real money on it.

That's unfortunate. People who actually want to do the quests should be able to do them. Hopefully they will look at this and and try to pin down why there are so many disappointed people.

I hope so. I have quit so many games because they make it where you have to pay to get anywhere and it zaps the fun from it. As it was I already was paying, but by choice. When I am forced too to get anywhere it just gets to me.

DeletedUser15212

I saw this in beta, but waited until it came here to respond. These people have got to be joking. My city is ranked 242 (not impressive to some) and I'm in the last chapter of the game. They're offering me a building that gives 980 culture points and 50 silk per hour?! Really? My coin purchased buildings do more than that. I will not do all the work necessary for this. What I've seen of the "per quest prizes" is no motivation either. Sorry Innogames, you goofed.
Good point. This has been one lame event. 1 relic per level? Cheap! And the building looks like something a 12 year old designed. I will not be participating in any more events if they are going to be as lame as this one.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
saw this in beta, but waited until it came here to respond. These people have got to be joking. My city is ranked 242 (not impressive to some) and I'm in the last chapter of the game. They're offering me a building that gives 980 culture points and 50 silk per hour?! Really?
When looking at set buildings, the set bonus should be considered.
Since you are in the last chapter, even if you want to ignore the silk,culture, and pop that the set gives you, consider the seeds.
930 seeds per day for 15 squares is actually very awesome.
To get that many seeds you would need to clear 35 more provinces, or gain at least 7 AW levels. (if you don't collect seeds 5x a day then you need even more AW levels)

From what I can see of the seed costs in chapter 12, the redbeard set might be the best prize ever for chapter 11 players.

DeletedUser11823

I think I needed that seed giving building 2 weeks ago and will not need it by the time I get it. It will be cool exactly for people that just crossed the Halflings line the day before they get it. Aside from that the prizes are mediocre but the art isn't bad. The guaranteed set for people that do the quest is nice after the Winter Event fall out. The Mountain Halls bonus should apply to buildings that give goods (it currently does not). ;) Cool that it's on the app too. (Now go make the Magic Academy work. :D)

Confirmed on Live

1 Spend 1 Knowledge Point
2 Buy 1 Knowledge Point
3 Gain a small amount of coins
4 Gain a small amount of supplies
5 Produce Bread 5 times
6 Produce Simple Tools 25 times
7 Produce Beverages 40 Times
8 Produce Bread 20 Times
9 Gain 18 Relic
10 Train 200 Units
11 Produce Advanced Tools 10 times
12 Spend 18 Knowledge Points
13 Buy 16 Knowledge Points
14 Gain a decent amount of coins
15 Train 300 Units
16 Gain a decent amount of Supplies
17 Produce [T1 boost 9 hrs] 6 times
18 Produce [T1 boost 3 hrs] 10 times
19 Produce [T1 boost 1 day] 4 times
20 Scout 1 Province
21 Solve 12 Encounters
22 Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or Higher
23 Produce Simple Tools 30 times
24 Produce Basket of Groceries 13 times
25 Gain 20 Relics
-----The End-----

Note: Quest 17&18 are in reverse order than usual.
Source: @SoggyShorts
See More at: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/robert-redbeard

1 Produce Beverages 5x
2 Move 1 Building
3 Gain a small amount of Marble
4 Gain a small amount of Steel
5 Gain a small amount of Planks
6 Produce Marble Mosaic 2x, Produce Precious Ring 2x, Produce Wooden Figurines 2x
7 Produce Decorative Pillars 1x, Produce Warrior Mask 1x, Produce Wooden Chest 1x
8 Gain a decent amount of Marble
9 Gain a decent amount of Steel
10 Gain a decent amount of Planks
11 Produce Beverage 50x
12 Produce Bread 30x
13 Produce Basket of Groceries 10x
14 Upgrade 6 Buildings to Level 4+
15 Gain 14 Relics
16 Solve 10 Encounters
17 Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 1 Building to Level 16+
18 Spend 13 Knowledge Points
19 Gain a good amount of Coins
20 Buy 11 Knowledge Points
21 Produce [T1 boost 3 hrs] 7x
22 Produce [T1 boost 1 day] 4x
23 Produce [T1 boost 9 hrs] 3x
24 Gain 16 Relics
25 Solve 12 Encounters
26 Train 500 Units

Hi, any chance you know the amounts for missions 3,4,5,8,9 &10 on Part II?

Tauriel Dragonwood

I realize these events are set up to make the game more interesting but also to generate money for InnoGames. When there’s a building that is beautifully created, I don’t mind spending diamonds to put this building in my game. But I do mind when the only way we can complete an event is to spend diamonds.

Having back-to-back quests to gain relics and solve encounters means scouting 3-4 provinces, or more. Scouting takes long unless you have Instants to speed it up, or you spend diamonds. If you only have Very Hard and Hard provinces left on the World Map, they are difficult to fight so you end up negotiating, depleting your city of goods.

Placing these quests back to back and at the end of an event can make it almost impossible for some Elvenar players to complete the event. If you run out of goods to negotiate, your fellowship and neighbors are low on goods too so you can’t trade, and you’re running out of time to complete the event, what do you do? Spend diamonds for the goods? Not me, not anymore. I stop participating in the event. If anymore future events are set up with back-to-back quests to gain relics and solve encounters, I think I’ll take my family to Disney World.

I’d like to think we players are being appreciated by InnoGames. Those of us who spend hours playing and those who spend diamonds help keep this game running. Elves and Humans who have become ArchMages to create fellowships are contributing to this game by helping players understand how to play Elvenar.

It’s a door shut in our faces when we accidentally delete a building, and find out Elvenar won’t help us get this building back. This just happened to me. To get ready for Part 2 of Redbeard's Event, I was using the Sell tool to delete 2 baby Marble Manufactories when I noticed the Grounds of the Orc Strategist was gone. There was no DELETION CONFIRMATION. If there was, I would have stopped. I asked Support for help getting this building back. They are forwarding my feed back to the development team for their review.

If you ever accidentally delete a building, be aware that because of their strict policy on replacing removed buildings, Elvenar only replaces buildings if they are purchased using premium and/or an event grand prize as a one-time credit.