• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event feedback

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I hear you. I get the way to do it - It's just that I don't even have 7 steel factories. If I put up 3 more at L1 I'll have 7. Sure, then I can have all the 1 day steel products ready in advance. The problem is that I'm also sacrificing making steel for that period of time. I think this must work better if one has way more space to have say, a dozen or more of each building. Oh, and also a decent stockpile of goods which I don't have yet, as I'm using it as fast as I obtain it so I can progress in the game. I guess I could build and sell, ad infinitum, but I still couldn't plan ahead on too many quests because I'd be hindered by lack of space to build on. I know this is a way to deal with multiple 1 day goods needed. I put up 8 workshops early in the event so doing any of the supplies quests has not been a problem. I just can't do large numbers of all buildings. Am I missing something obvious, but not to me?

I just read back what I wrote. Hmmm..... Well, I know what I'm trying to say, but do you? :confused:

Yes, space is the key. The lucky people boost plank or marble, those factories take less space.
Like people said, it is much easier between guest race chapters when you have extra space. I remember my first event. It actually started very soon after I started playing the game. I had steel factories scattered all over the place. Anywhere I could find a spot.
No, you don't really want to tie up your working factories for a whole day. You want to try to find enough space for all seven or more extra factories. If you're really lucky, you'll find a way to have all those one day buildings on a road you can disconnect without disrupting the rest of your city. That way you can finish the production early then take them offline so you don't accidentally harvest them early.
But remember this. Inno gives no bonus for finishing fast. If you can find space for four factories, then you can do the task in two days. There's still 3 weeks left. Finish as many tasks as possible. Next time they have a big event you'll know what to expect.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I am in Halflings now, but last the couple events I was in S&D. I had already built the Campus and had just started placing the faculties so that I could get started....and then I heard about the upcoming event and sold off all of my newly placed facilities in order to have the space to compete in the event..

I just did much the same. I had just built all my Halfling buildings when this event came up. I scrapped half of them to put up factories/workshops. Now that I have the event done I can concentrate on halflings, and I have the stockpile of fruit and wheat that was growing whilst my attention was elsewhere.

DeletedUser19723

If you're willing to go through a little more short-term pain, I'd slash some unneeded buildings. e.g. a level 1 training grounds isn't doing you any favors, and those non-boosted T2s are killing your culture/pop
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/e88fdabb6135446dbd2138223b5dd69f/

I just looked at what you did in city planner. If I sell the training grounds how do I train my Cerberus, or are they not worth having/training? The non-boosted T2s are because I'm not getting enough silk and crystal from the Trader and they help some for quests and techs. I'm working on better strategies for the Trader, but I'm not there yet. I think this whole balancing of boosted vs non-boosted goods is overwhelming. I suppose, if I wanted to go the safe and secure route, I could just slow my growth to a crawl and amass goods for each factory as the Tech allows. Then when I was rolling in goods I could reevaluate, sell, move, and optimize?.......or not?
Honestly, this is my first "real"city building game (Sim?). It's absolutely fascinating but there is so much to know; and I'm most likely spending way too much time with it. I'm also wondering if I'm overthinking everything or if this is par for the game.

DeletedUser12430

I just did much the same. I had just built all my Halfling buildings when this event came up. I scrapped half of them to put up factories/workshops. Now that I have the event done I can concentrate on halflings, and I have the stockpile of fruit and wheat that was growing whilst my attention was elsewhere.

You can concentrate on Halflings until the Fellowship Adventure starts in a coupla days...lol

DeletedUser19723

I am in Halflings now, but last the couple events I was in S&D. I had already built the Campus and had just started placing the faculties so that I could get started....and then I heard about the upcoming event and sold off all of my newly placed facilities in order to have the space to compete in the event. I then used that space for the Fellowship Adventure. And then built my campus up, and moved into Halflings...... with most of my research already done, or at least filled in with the required kp's.
Now I have put off building the Halflings settlement, for this event and the upcoming Fellowship Adventure....lol. You can get into a nice little rhythm, and find yourself with ample space for anything if you play your cards right. It sometimes helps to look at what you can get rid of to gain space. you said you already have won some pop / culture buildings? See what you are going to get rid of to place those....you have plenty of room for this event....you need to optimize your space and your layout. I would use your higher level steel factories for the event, even if you dont want them to produce for a day. I would put off all producing until your finished with the event, and that way utilize all of your factories to full-fill the event quests. This way you can get rid of 2 of those lv 1 Steel factories, replace with 2 lv 1 planks and 2 lv 1 marble factories, this way you can produce the "all T1 goods" quests in the event as well.
I recommend using SoggyShorts tiny URL link. This is a great tool to use for tracking which quest you are working on, which ones are coming up...then if you have a 1 day production....you can set it up a day earlier than you need it, so its ready when you need it.

Thanks! Lots of good ideas that are much appreciated.
I just looked up Halflings. You are way way further that me. I'd need a teleporter to get there. Oh, and 250 completed provinces. My Tech Tree shows this 32/250. All I can say is ha, ha, ha :p

DeletedUser19723

Yes, space is the key. The lucky people boost plank or marble, those factories take less space.
Like people said, it is much easier between guest race chapters when you have extra space. I remember my first event. It actually started very soon after I started playing the game. I had steel factories scattered all over the place. Anywhere I could find a spot.
No, you don't really want to tie up your working factories for a whole day. You want to try to find enough space for all seven or more extra factories. If you're really lucky, you'll find a way to have all those one day buildings on a road you can disconnect without disrupting the rest of your city. That way you can finish the production early then take them offline so you don't accidentally harvest them early.
But remember this. Inno gives no bonus for finishing fast. If you can find space for four factories, then you can do the task in two days. There's still 3 weeks left. Finish as many tasks as possible. Next time they have a big event you'll know what to expect.

Thanks! I know when this quest started it wouldn't be easy for me. I resigned myself to basically completing a few things and then just being an observer. I knew there would be other events when I was a a better position to complete them. But then The Event Bug Bit Me. I still don't think I can get to the end, but I'm going to give it a good try.

DeletedUser12430

The non-boosted T2s are because I'm not getting enough silk and crystal from the Trader and they help some for quests and techs

My Tier 1 boost is planks. I am fully boosted at 700% and I can make 2,460 planks in 3 hours with a level 23 Factory. I just made a level 23 marble factory for Elementals....it makes a whopping 290 in 3 hours...as a matter of fact in 2 days it will only make 1332. Thats a ton less than what my boosted factories produce in only 3 hours. They make it a pretty crappy deal to keep non boosted factories lyin about thats for sure. I would make sure that you are in a good fellowship. You.put up trades that you need and let your fellowship know that you put the trades up, hopefully one of the bigger dogs comes by and grabs it up...at least thats what they should be doing!

What world are you in?

I'm also wondering if I'm overthinking everything or if this is par for the game

It depends on what you want to hear...lol, .....Its par for the game, .......and your overthinking it!

DeletedUser12430

250 completed provinces. My Tech Tree shows this 32/250

Then send out yur scout! Elementals will be my next chest....My Tech Tree shows this 350/280. The point is....you never want to be stuck waiting on a scout. Just send them out. Thats my opinion. I try to keep one opened with only one encounter left to negotiate or fight....this makes "Scout 1 Province or upgrade blah, blah, blah" a very quick quest to fulfill. Plus...the more you open, the more expansions you get.....Some people claim there is a some problem with scouting Too Much....but no one has ever explained it to me in a way that made any more sense than the way I do it now, which is as soon as the first is finished....I send out another....Just Scout!....More coins, more supplies, more expansions.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If I sell the training grounds how do I train my Cerberus
At level 1 it's useless. You can train 4x as many sword dancers as dogs, and dogs aren't that much better. (after the event go ahead and get that max level TG though if you want.
The non-boosted T2s are because I'm not getting enough silk and crystal from the Trader
I'm guessing you have over 100% boost to scrolls, right? If so you should be able to
1. Kill the silk and crystal, and
2. use that pop to upgrade your scrolls, and even add another scrolls if you want
3. offer scrolls on the trader at a discount (even 300 for 200 is better than making your own)
3a if you are worried that I'm wrong, sacrifice some goods by testing a 300 scrolls for 200 silk trade, and see if it gets snapped up before nuking those non-boosted.
I'm also wondering if I'm overthinking everything or if this is par for the game.
Totally depends what you are after. I'm 95% into this game for the puzzle, so compared to those who are 95% into it for the pretty unicorns, I'm certainly overthinking this game.;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Some people claim there is a some problem with scouting Too Much....but no one has ever explained it to me in a way that made any more sense than the way I do it now, which is as soon as the first is finished....I send out another....Just Scout!....More coins, more supplies, more expansions.

I have seen those explanations too and the only thing I feel players really need to worry about is scouting to the point you need orcs to complete them and you are not in the Orc chapter yet. That is the only real wall that will stop you from completing provinces.

DeletedUser19723

Okay, so what's with the Frozen Unicorns? Are they like a consolation prize? ;) I got 5 today spinning for double points to get the Stable of the Snow Owl. Anybody ever watch "The Last Unicorn?" I can see my unicorn herd coming in on the waves of a very icy sea. :):)

Anyway, I did get the stable. I just hope all my unicorns don't trample it.

DeletedUser19798

@SherG26 LOL. I got 3 today and I had already made one a few weeks ago. I'm down for collecting a menagerie of unicorns, but seriously when I got 3 today and zero of the other things I actually wanted on the other days, I was a bit sad about that. They're destined for the crafting factory!

DeletedUser19798

@SoggyShorts

Thanks for the link! I've been using another link with all the details about the event, but I was pretty focused on the quest planning and kept an eye out for the double delicacy days.

I was trying to take advantage of the double delicacies so I could get closer to getting the set buildings. To that end, I got the unicorns. I also got one of the set buildings so yay! It's just funny that I got 3 of them today when I didn't really care about them that much. The other days I tried to get something (not a double delicacy day) and didn't get the building I wanted, but got the other stuff. It's all good.

I did need some stuff to disenchant anyway so it all works out.

DeletedUser19723

@ Xyris and SoggyShorts

I was also taking advantage of the Double Day. The unicorns just came along for the ride, I guess. I know what buildings I'd like to obtain and when they are available, but I also can't pass up double points. For certain, I don't have all my unicorns out. One is fine. I haven't disenchanted anything yet. Crafting is not high on my to-do list. I haven't even used the stuff we got when crafting started.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Crafting is not high on my to-do list. I haven't even used the stuff we got when crafting started.
Smart. Anything that you craft will last longer the later you get it since chapter changes get further apart. Also in later chapters you will earn diamonds from quests and be able to upgrade your magic academy, and you get more Spell Fragments per disenchant when your MA level is higher.