• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ask Timon and Rike! (Questions we'd like answered in the next Q&A)

DeletedUser10114

These time boosters are worth nothing even to beginners. After the 1st few levels it requires more time to complete the build. Anything less than 15 minutes is an insult to even most novice of players. I thought "WOW, gifts of time!" Then realized it was NOTHING in comparison to the amount of time needed to complete all the quests!
I argee with your general sentiment, however... I found myself using almost all of them I had saved up on one of my cities earlier today finishing up the last min of the elixir tournament on Elcy. They probably saved me 150 ish diamonds. so not completely worthless.

DeletedUser1036

If Divine Seeds are going to become an integral part of the future of playing like Orcs and Mana are will there be a new Ancient Wonder that helps in the production of them? The reason I ask is that the Trader 2 seems more like a bottle neck at this point for production of them.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If Divine Seeds are going to become an integral part of the future of playing like Orcs and Mana are will there be a new Ancient Wonder that helps in the production of them? The reason I ask is that the Trader 2 seems more like a bottle neck at this point for production of them.
mana hut.png

SoggyShorts

Guessing I better build one soon then
Divine seeds are quite the bottleneck. I just started halflings, and the 15 fields you need requires over 200K seeds.
I think my city is about where you'd expect if not furhter
Max MH at level 25
Collect 4x a day
300 provinces cleared
28 AW levels
------
10K seeds a day.
That's 3 weeks just to get my fields done, not counting any techs or the additional 10 days of seeds I'd need to convert libraries to grape farms.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
One-minute Boosters are pathetic
Could you not make the boosters percentage?
My scouting takes over 2 days - a 10 or 20 or 50 percent reduction would be meaningful - and appreciated!

The idea of percentages is good but I would suggest not using an argument that is outside the expectations of the devs, it weakens the position of a good suggestion. They have stated they do not expect scout times to exceed 24hrs unless we have scouted further than they want. Thankfully there are plenty of long building times you could use as an example.

I suspect the instants are based around shortening the time at the end not at the beginning, a small difference but would effect their view of the them and how they work.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I suspect the instants are based around shortening the time at the end not at the beginning, a small difference but would effect their view of the them and how they work.

That appears indeed to be the direction they are thinking!

Here is what one of the moderators said on the Facebook Page:

The supply and coin instants are based on your main hall storage, so they scale as you progress in the game.

If the time was shown in percentages, it would be unclear. This way you get what you see with these instants.
Also, they are not meant to be used alone. You can use a longer instant, and a few shorter ones to finish an upgrade or scouting, or whatever you would like. If there's 1 hour and 15 minutes left of something, you don't have to use 2 x 1 hour instants (that would waste 45 potential minutes), you can use a 1 hour, 2 x 7 minutes and a 1 minute instant. Those are there to fine tune the time boost.

The point that they are not getting is that one minute is the time it takes me to walk to the gent's room and wash my hands.
So if I need just 1 minute to finish something - I can just go make a pee and it will be done when I come back.
:)

It is, IMO, an insult to give us 60 second boosts - and then get angry when we don't like them.

And I am not the only one who feels that way!
They are 'non-awards' - and an example of the inherent stinginess of the design team that I referred to in my Event Guides.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Any chance of a way to break rune shards at any time we desire?

The further you progress into the game, the more a broken rune shard is worth compared to a random rune shard. Rune shards just build up on wonders you have no intention of building. While this could be ameleoriated by building undesired wonders only to immediately delete them and then start breaking rune shards as you refill the wheel, I am not sure that this method is an intended strategy.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3983

SUGGESTION: for the F'shp Adventures..... it would be great if we could see how much we have made of each item in our main city. (like we can w/our other goods) can the little 3 circle thing be made available to hover over in the main city as well as the map? It's a major pain to have to keep going back and forth to see what you have so you make what you need. Thanks! (please let me know if there's a better place to put this suggestion:))

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
New Guest Race!

Hi Timon and Rike!

One of my Facebook group says that the Elvenar Team has no sense of humour.

Could you prove them wrong please?

Give us a Guest Race called Nerds & Nymphs - or something similar, that makes one chuckle!!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Whether intentional or not, it hooks in to a stereotype about men who game and the women they purport to be looking for.

Nymphs are not women - they are Nature Goddesses.

A nymph (Greek: νύμφη, nýmphē [nýmpʰɛː]) in Greek mythology and in Latin mythology is a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform. Different from other goddesses, nymphs are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature, and are usually depicted as beautiful, young nubile maidens who love to dance and sing

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have a moderate sense of humor, and I don't think that's funny. Whether intentional or not, it hooks in to a stereotype about men who game and the females they purport to be looking for. I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I'd call that in poor taste.
There you go, all fixed now.

DeletedUser4955

[1] Is there an ultimate number of visiting races that are planned for the game? I've heard thru the "grapevine" that it may be three [3] more after the Haflings Chapter [chapter 11] for ultimately 14 chapters?

If that is true and there is an end of visiting races, [2] what would be the direction of the game afterwards?
Question related to that....Have they thought of basing quests on the races that exist in the game...orcs, dwarves, fairies etc. Maybe they have already? Only been playing a year.

DeletedUser4955

Perhaps some small rewards...spells, runes, instants,....based on scores fellowships achieve in the Adventure. Giving small prize packages for reaching certain scores. Not just prizes for the top 50.

SoggyShorts

Perhaps some small rewards...spells, runes, instants,....based on scores fellowships achieve in the Adventure. Giving small prize packages for reaching certain scores. Not just prizes for the top 50.
Actually, this brings up a good point: I'm not a happy at all that they added an event that has competition in it. Tournaments were fine since you can ignore rank if you want, but having your prize decided by how well other fellowships do is not what I though Elvenar was about.
I'd like to see a change to only getting prizes based on score, with other fellowships not having an impact on your prizes. Keep the FS ranking points, so those that care about rank can still gain it
If my FS gets the top building prize on one server with 15,000 points, but only gets 4th place on another server with 17,000 points, how is that our fault?

DeletedUser4955

The Design Team want us to use the Magic Academy more - so how about ‘Cast 5 Spells’
Yes, change to "cast spell" ...not just 'produce power provision' (I pretty sure that is not the name exactly). During quests I ended up blocked from making other spells because I make the requested spell and keep it in my magic university in anticipation of fulfilling that quest line. It would be great to make 2 or 5 spelling of my choosing. Maybe that takes the challenge out of the quest? Not sure.