• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Chapter Migration

BrinDarby

There is no willy-nilly to this everyone will be on the same tech tree no matter the chapter they are on. ONLY folks in Chapters 1-4 are the most affected when they are moved to Chapter 5/end of Chapter 4, and there is no way to cherry-pick what optional research is done or not. It can only be all or nothing; in this case, all is much better, even if it causes an unpleasant effect. If you are in Chapter 5, you will advance to the End of the chapter or the opening of Chapter 6. This is a very small change but will put the game in a position of uniformity across all current accounts.
There was uniformity with the old tech tree, w/Cauldron

Without rehashing old subjects, and going on the Premise
that a chg was necessary...... there are @least 2 glaring probs
I see here Astram.... ( and a few more I'll think of later on )

1. The inconsistency of pushing CH1-4 ppl to 5, yet pushing
CH5 ppl to CH6 ... why not CH1-5 ppl to 6 or just the CH1-4
ppl to CH5 ??? and wont the new CH5 ppl just get bumped to 6?

2. Deconstructing then reconstructing the tech tree is straight
forward to allow ALL current "Optional" researches to stay
optional, to avoid xtra problems and pain in playstyles, when
you arbitrarilly chg someones SquadSize and Any other metric
that effects the formulas for fighting and catering. Why wasnt
optional parts of research retained ?? ( It really makes a difference
on playstyles, if the player specifically made choices reguarding
optional researches that now become null-void instantly )

I was here, I remember the discussions, I still have no clue why
the old tree was broken and need'd to be fix'd, so to speak. Its
highly illogical, $$ wise, to spend all the Dev time for nothing,
unless there is a payoff for Inno.

Just as easy as it is, not to put an Event quest asking for specific
encounters on a day when there are none available ( plan ahead Devs )
Its just as easy when making the new tree, to include the same number
of optional, or not, researches as there were in the old tree 1st, then
fill in the tree with manditory ones that weren't SS+ or Expansions.
By doing so, you ( the devs ) avoid data issues caused by migrating
researches that basically never exsisted, and are contrary to the current
data matricies.

I have the KP/instants to shoot up to CH5 my way, normally avoiding
any pain because researches were done by Inno, but then I see that
will cause me to be pushed to CH6. There's no incentive for me to do
that because I'll @least control my research thru CH5.
Now, Most bldgs progressions, will give T3 or above at CH7 therefore
controlling CH5/6 progress is critical if ya want to have more varied &
efficient productions. OK , so ya moved Spire to CH5 from Ch3, but why
are then CH5 players punished pushing them to CH6, when you aren't
punishing CH1-4 players in the same way, pushing everyone to CH6 ???

Seems to me this whole tech tree chg is doing 1 thing very well...
Eliminating catering as a viable playstyle in favor of just fighting cities.
Thus allowing Inno even more control micromanaging the frustration
they inflict on players, that they hope bolster $$$ revenue thru diamond
sales, that then are used to get rid of the frustration.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Seems to me this whole tech tree chg is doing 1 thing very well...
How exactly is the tech tree change eliminating catering as a playstyle? Just FYI, I always run catering cities and I am not having more issues catering under the new tree.

Silver Lady

How exactly is the tech tree change eliminating catering as a playstyle?
I started a started a new account so I could try the new tech tree and while I like some aspects of it it does seem that the quests are set to lead you to do military. I’ve had to really wait out a number of chapter quests that involve military until the next chapter and these milit quests blocked a number of other quests that would have helped my little city to move forward quicker. Granted they popped up as completed in the next chapter but I really could have used the rewards sooner.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Silver Lady That has always been true, old tree and new tree. If you refuse to upgrade your barracks or your armories you get stuck on the chapter quest line and have to wait to cancel when you complete the chapter.

@Astram
Do you know if optional techs will be auto-completed for chapter 6 - 20 cities when they are migrated to the new tech tree?
@Silver Lady - regarding this I believe that is a yes. My chapter 15 city was somehow moved to the new tech tree around 2 or 3 weeks ago and all of my optional researches in the new tree in chapters 1 through 6 are all now researched. I started my city in 2019 so it definitely used to be on the old tree

Last edited:

Silver Lady

@Iyapo I do remember that and I also remember feeling a little disappointed/cheated. I remember specifically reading the ad saying you could choose your play style and the way it read your path through the game would be set based on your choice of military or Magic. But no matter how you chose the paths turned out to be the same. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy this game or I wouldn’t continue to play (started at the end of 2019) and I still like it even though, like others, I don’t necessarily like every new thing they’ve introduced. There is the ability to ignore, albeit not easily, the parts you don’t like/enjoy. If that changes then I will have to reevaluate my position.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Silver Lady
They still tell people they can choose one or the other. This is from the wiki main page.
Screenshot_20230702_124449_Chrome.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There is a difference between someone who does not do any fighting and an unrealistic pacifist who refuses to have anything military at all in their city, And any true pacifist should quit playing as soon as they get to chapter 8 and realize what those poor orcs are used for.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Astram
Do you know if optional techs will be auto-completed for chapter 6 - 20 cities when they are migrated to the new tech tree?
I will inquire on this issue but My sense is that our CM has not been given all the details Or is unable to at this time. But I will ask

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Enevhar Aldarion If i am not going to do any fighting why would I put armories, merc camps or training grounds in my city? I have to have a barracks, but since I don't fight, why would I waste population to upgrade it?

Other than to continue the story line quests, which are irritating and not engaging since I play on mobile and Rivenor the Builder talks to himself constantly(because mobile devs can't seem to give me image files for the chapter races)

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Silver Lady
Oh, ouch, you lost the questline way sooner than I did. I think I held on till chapter 3. My barracks is a little 3x4, so easy enough to shuffle about.

BrinDarby

@Astram ,
Can you inquire about my Qs too ?

Why are some moved to CH5, yet those in CH5 to CH6 ?
Why not all just to the same place, cause its not fair to
allow some to just be 5, when you moved the already CH5
ppl to CH6 basically ....

This makes no sence ...

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I will inquire on this issue but My sense is that our CM has not been given all the details Or is unable to at this time. But I will ask
I have confirmed that players IN or ABOVE chapter six are not being migrated as all the changes were in chapters 1-5.

I have confirmed that players IN or ABOVE chapter six are not being migrated as all the changes were in chapters 1-5.
If this is true then how do you explain my chapter 15 city started in 2019 when the new research did not exist being moved to the new tree? See the screen shots below of my research tree and elvenstats showing my city is from 2019

Research tree CH 5.png

Elvenstats history.png

Last edited:

Glandeh

Can you please revert the change in the order of the enchantments in the MA. This is really awful if you have cities using both formats.

Pheryll

Set Designer

What you are saying is in relationship to this phase of the city moving.

Testing was done where many cities after chapter 5 were moved to the new tech tree, so I assume that all cities will eventually be moved, but just at a later phase.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If this is true then how do you explain my chapter 15 city started in 2019 when the new research did not exist being moved to the new tree? See the screen shots below of my research tree and elvenstats showing my city is from 2019

I get the feeling that even the devs don’t know what is in the live version sometimes and that is why the live version is playing more and more like beta. Bless all you beta players voluntarily playing two buggy versions of the same game.