• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Chapter Migration

supposedly, any city in chapter 3 or earlier, with no diamond purchases in that city, is about 30 days of inactivity before deletion.

I have bought diamonds and I have had baby cities on other US worlds auto-delete when I stopped logging into them.

Well, the game has been around just over 8 years now, and I am sure they have changed around these policies more than once without bothering to tell the players.
Doesn't seem like there are any consistent rules. I have a city I created many months ago mis-clicking. I immediately quit, not doing anything and never going back. It was never deleted. (fyi, I just resurrected it to chapter two so I'll get to see the migration.)
A friend had a city that completed a couple of chapters and purchased a builder. That was deleted after only about 2 months of inactivity.
This all happened during the same general time frame.

We've been assuming the difference is I purchased diamonds, while he gets along with the free diamonds. He's actually spends more diamonds than I do (I bought them to support the game, not to spend), so it's not based on diamonds used.

ErulisseButterfly

I am playing a very new world, my Main Hall is only a level 4, and I have gotten through maybe one chapter and maybe part of the second one, so I only had sword dancers, archers, and maybe treants unlocked (but maybe not I don't remember). I opened Elvenar today, and played as normal, but when I went to train units I noticed that some of the units had been unlocked, so I thought, "cool, maybe I got them in an event or something, or unlocked them and forgot."
But when I went to see if I had researched them I had jumped to chapter V all of the sudden? there is no way I could have done that with the limited resources I've been playing on, and I have spent no money on this game, and no one else has played it but me. Why did it just unlock all that all of the sudden? Was it a game glitch? or has my account been hacked? I am so confused.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
The developers are migrating everyone to the new tech tree. Most cities below chapter 5 were migrated to the end of chapter 4. It is not a glitch and you were not hacked.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
If this is true then how do you explain my chapter 15 city started in 2019 when the new research did not exist being moved to the new tree? See the screen shots below of my research tree and elvenstats showing my city is from 2019

I have confirmed that Players at or above Chapter 6 that are migrated to the "new" tree will only have the "techs" in chapter 1-5 auto-completed, no optional or skipped techs after that should be auto-completed.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have confirmed that Players at or above Chapter 6 that are migrated to the "new" tree will only have the "techs" in chapter 1-5 auto-completed, no optional or skipped techs after that should be auto-completed.

I did not see that was what people were asking or I could have confirmed that with my Beta account too. I did not do the optional AW techs in chapter 16 or 17 in my chapter 18 city and they stayed that way when the city was switched to the new tech tree a few weeks ago.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I did not see that was what people were asking or I could have confirmed that with my Beta account too. I did not do the optional AW techs in chapter 16 or 17 in my chapter 18 city and they stayed that way when the city was switched to the new tech tree a few weeks ago.
I am simply passing along information and updates as I get the info. I was not aware that the players above chapter 6 would be or have any changes so I wanted to confirm exactly what was planned. As you know not everything that happens in "beta" makes it to "live" unchanged so I would not normally use "beta" info here as fact.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Shutting down the baby fellowship. Elvenar needs to #2 or get off the pot with this migration! This hanging in limbo has gotten beyond frustrating now :mad:

BrinDarby

the biggest problem with the Forced Migration is the
basic elimination of optional researches and corresponding
gameplay changes. The second if the fact even Astram can't
tell us why some will only get bumped to CH5, and some to
Ch6. ( ie- uneven migration )

Inversely, SS increases, as a % of the current SS, goes Down
the further into the chapters a player is. While 3 xtra SS+'s
to a CH10 player might equate to a 20% bigger raw SS,
to a CH3 player it might be as big as 75-85%. While some
ppl might say, Ohh well it makes fighting easier so what's
the problem....... It also means week-week doing the same
# of provinces will cost you the equivilant of the same increase
in troops lost and need'n to be replaced, thus more land
devoted to armories and all thier associated costs....
It forces a more fighting based playstyle, it decreases land
otherwise used for say more goods ( caterers need ) thus
dimishes the "catering" playstyle.

THis all feeds back to the fact , in a game supposedly about
"city building"..... the 1 thing that shouldn't count against a
player is more freak'n land used/owned !!!

Pheryll

Set Designer
It also means week-week doing the same
# of provinces will cost you the equivilant of the same increase
in troops lost and need'n to be replaced, thus more land
devoted to armories and all thier associated costs....
From the vantage point of the shrine of the shrewdy shroom this appears to be the case, but from the vantage point of the bulwark you can have a decent amount of time without any armories as it is squad size based.

At the end of the orc's chapter, the dwarven bulwark bonus was equal to the shroom bonus for 1.86 armories; at the end of chapter 20 the bulwark bonus is equal to the shroom bonus for 7.64 armories (that is it the bulwark is now 4x comparatively stronger than the shrooms wonder than at the point the shrooms wonder was introduced).

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Brin, There was no explanation for the split between chapters 5-6. We can only make assumptions as to the reason.

The fact that optional techs were skipped WAS an issue before but now they do not affect the spire and tourney difficulty. So Chapters 1-5 will have all tech completed. As to when the balance of players will get migrated I still have no timeline.

As to fighting in Chapters 1-5 I would say that most only do a small amount as the troops are of such low power that Catering makes more sense for the majority of players.

If you are in Chapter 6 or above and have skipped any techs after CH 5 you will not see those techs completed for you.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
It also means week-week doing the same # of provinces will cost you the equivilant of the same increase in troops lost and need'n to be replaced, thus more land devoted to armories and all thier associated costs....
It forces a more fighting based playstyle, it decreases land otherwise used for say more goods ( caterers need ) thus dimishes the "catering" playstyle.
I do not understand how you came to this conclusion.

I cater, I do not make troops or use troops. I have no land devoted to armories. The SS tech, completed or not, has zero impact upon a catering playstyle.

Why are some being moved to ch 5 and others to ch 6?

I do not have the information on that reasoning, but I will ask
This was explained in the original announcement:

....in a chapter below 6, you will be affected and moved to:
  • The beginning of chapter 5, and get quests linked to chapter 4 if you currently are in chapters 1 to 4.
  • This will happen on Monday, June 26, on the Norwegian servers, and if everything goes well, it will then be executed also on all other servers on Wednesday, June 28.
  • The beginning of chapter 6, and get quests linked to chapter 5 if you currently are in chapter 5.
  • This last step will be completed later. We’ll share the precise date as soon as it is confirmed.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
This was explained in the original announcement:

....in a chapter below 6, you will be affected and moved to:
  • The beginning of chapter 5, and get quests linked to chapter 4 if you currently are in chapters 1 to 4.
  • This will happen on Monday, June 26, on the Norwegian servers, and if everything goes well, it will then be executed also on all other servers on Wednesday, June 28.
  • The beginning of chapter 6, and get quests linked to chapter 5 if you currently are in chapter 5.
  • This last step will be completed later. We’ll share the precise date as soon as it is confirmed.
Brin is asking "WHY" the split