• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

(Spoilers) Rise of the Phoenix Event Guide

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I see the main quest list, however I cannot figure out the second one that rebounds every 24 hours
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_easter_2017_daily.html
for the most part they are pretty simple and you will complete them as you do the other quests, like "spend 1 KP" or "make beverages 2 times" Since they are small versions of the other quests you can almost ignore them and they'll get completed.
(If you don't finish one in a day it just stacks up)

Last edited:

Mistique101

Link to share with your fellowship:
tinyurl.com/soggyrise

Most of this is copied over from Beta, (special thanks to Jasper, Dony, Crazywizard, and the rest of the Beta gang)
I have added my "walkthrough" so you will be able to prepare for each quest before they come up.
As it is now, the first 70 quests are known, and it looks like you need at least
  • 10 tier 1 boosted
  • 12 workshops
to start. Around quest #50 you will need
  • 14 Tier 1 boosted
  • 8 workshops(more would be better of course)
One big change from previous events is that the "scout a province" also has the option to "upgrade a building to level 12+" instead, so if you have just unlocked a tech, you might want to hold off on upgrading until then.

I'll be posting the list here, and updating it, I'll also do the online googlesheet so you can make a copy and edit as you go.

Prep List (before the event starts)
Start 2 PoP spells, only collect them when a quest asks for it,
and always queue another one.
set 4 tier 1 boosted to 3h for #20
set 3 tier 1 boosted to 9h for #21
set 2 tier 1 boosted to 1 day for #22
set 1 tier 1 boosted to 2 day for #31
train 60 troops for #19
set 3 workshops to groceries (9h)
set 5 workshops to bread (1h)
set 1 workshops to beverages (5min)
set 2 workshops to simple tools (15min)
set 1 workshop to toolbox (1 day)

Link to Walkthrough
Quest list part 1
  1. Produce Beverages [5 m] 1 time
  2. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 2 times
  3. Gain 20 Culture
  4. Gain 10 Population
  5. Spend 1 Knowledge Points
  6. Move 1 Building
  7. Upgrade 2 Buildings to level 2 or higher
  8. Gain 200 Coins
  9. Gain 100 Supplies
  10. Produce Bread [1 h] 5 times
  11. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 8 times
  12. Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 3 times
  13. Produce Beverages [5 m] 25 times
  14. Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher
  15. Spend 5 Knowledge Points
  16. Accept 5 Trades Offers / Place 5 1 (bug) Trade Offers
  17. Gain 16 Relics
  18. Solve 12 Encounters or buy 12 Knowledge Points
  19. Train 60 Units
  20. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 4 times
  21. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 9 h] 3 times
  22. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 1 d] 2 times
  23. Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 building to level 10 or higher
  24. Gain 300 Coins
  25. Gain 200 Supplies
  26. Train 100 Units
  27. Gain Power of Provision Spell 1 time
  28. Gain 50 Marble
  29. Gain 50 Steel
  30. Gain 50 Wood
  31. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 2 d] 1 times
  32. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 5 times
  33. Spend 7 KP
  34. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 20 times
  35. Produce Toolbox [1 d] 2 time
  36. Gain Power of Provision Spell 1 time
  37. Gain 20 Relics
  38. Solve 14 Encounters or buy 14 Knowledge Points
  39. Train 120 Units
  40. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 6 times
  41. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 9 h] 5 times
  42. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 1 d] 3 times
  43. Scout 2 Provinces or upgrade 2 building to level 10 or higher
  44. Gain 10 Crystals
  45. Gain 10 Scrolls
  46. Gain 10 Silk
  47. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 3 or higher
  48. Gain 400 Coins
  49. Gain 300 Supplies
  50. Produce Bread [1 h] 8 times
  51. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 25 times
  52. Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 5 times
  53. Produce Beverages [5 m] 35 time
  54. Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher
  55. Spend 10 Knowledge Points
  56. Buy 8 Knowledge Points
  57. Gain Power of Provision Spell 2 time
  58. Gain 100 Marble
  59. Gain 100 Steel
  60. Gain 100 Wood
  61. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 2 d] 3 times
  62. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 15 times
  63. Spend 13 Knowledge Points
  64. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 50 times
  65. Produce Toolbox [1 d] 5 times
  66. Gain Power of Provision Spell 3 time
  67. Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 4 or higher
  68. Gain 1000 Coins
  69. Gain 500 Supplies
  70. Produce Bread [1 h] 12 times
  71. Produce Simple Tools [15 m] 70 times
  72. Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 8 times
  73. Produce Beverages [5 m] 60 time
  74. Research 2 technology or upgrade 2 building to level 12 or higher
  75. Spend 20 Knowledge Points
  76. Buy 16 Knowledge Points
  77. Gain 32 Relics
  78. Solve 20 Encounters or buy 20 Knowledge Points
  79. Train 200 Units
  80. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 9 times
  81. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 9 h] 7 times
  82. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 1 d] 5 times
  83. Scout 2 Provinces or upgrade 2 building to level 10 or higher

Thanks again to Jasper for compiling this on Beta)
Event rewards

DeletedUser6919

i need to say thank you also...this info is helping me to make good decisions and planning efectively...first event and i feel sorry for those who are first timers that haven't seen this info. i posted url on fs winyandor...mostly new to the game, on fenyndyl I'm asking fs members and they help i lucked into a great experienced fs there...

DeletedUser6578

Is it possible to get the grand prize? I guess I'm a little paranoid after the Christmas quest, I worked so hard and didn't even make it to the middle prize. This time I'm already at step 22 and haven't even reached the first prize yet. I'm being careful and not cashing in the essence stuff until I have 140 (since I realized too late last time that you end up needing a ton more if you cash in at the smaller amounts). Is there something I'm missing? Or is it one of those things that you can basically only reach the grand prize if you buy it?

Is it possible to get the grand prize? I guess I'm a little paranoid after the Christmas quest, I worked so hard and didn't even make it to the middle prize. This time I'm already at step 22 and haven't even reached the first prize yet. I'm being careful and not cashing in the essence stuff until I have 140 (since I realized too late last time that you end up needing a ton more if you cash in at the smaller amounts). Is there something I'm missing? Or is it one of those things that you can basically only reach the grand prize if you buy it?

In general, no, the 3rd grand prize cannot be reached without spending real money. If you catch each Sky Essence he moment is lands 24 hours a day during the whole event and get extremely lucky getting the +140/+200 Sky Essence reward over and over and over and over again, then you can win the grand prize 3.

In the first event of this kind, the Summer Solstice event, it was impossible to get the 2nd or 3rd grand prize without money or luck. During the Winter event, they improved the design (added collectable snowflakes and increased quest number) so that the 2nd prize was achievable without much luck or money but the 3rd still was impossible. This event, I'm not sure yet how it will play out, but I would hope they wouldn't backtrack.

I can't stand any game business model that intentionally puts items out of reach of every player unless they spend money, at least, non-cosmetic items. Having an item shop where you buy new appearance or buy theme music for your city or weather, or something - that would be cool and fine, because it's all cosmetic. But having an item that provides game value but is only obtainable with cash is never acceptable in my opinion.

All of these types of events should be changed so that the final prize is obtainable, but only if you are extremely diligent. So make the item exclusive, but not impossible. Maybe make the last 10 quests even harder but without those 10 quests, the Grand Prize 3 is impossible. So those without the time or desire can spend real money for the prize, but those who choose not to spend the money can choose to play vigorously for a month to complete every quest and earn the reward through hard work. They could tweak the events so that only 5% of the player base is able to achieve the reward if they still want it to be exclusive.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is it possible to get the grand prize?
today in the live stream Mr T. said it is poss. if your very diligent !
This event, I'm not sure yet how it will play out, but I would hope they wouldn't backtrack.

Technically it is possible, but something like 1 in a million chance. In the winter event being "very diligent" gave you around a 2% chance. This event has 14 fewer quests (that were 86-100 snowflakes each), 7 fewer daily quests (35 each) and 7 fewer days to collect ess in your city (~30 each day)
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

That being said, the phoenix cult daily prize is pretty much just as good as the grand prize so I'd recommend ignoring the grand prize altogether.

DeletedUser6335

Yeah, the ones that make you do stuff "backwards" are annoying. So are the ones that make you do either/or stuff - I think they should allow for combinations of the two things to work toward finishing the quests that are like that. The ones that really puzzle me are the ones that are set up to have you do things that (it has been said) the Devs do things to have you *not* do; I'm talking about how they set stuff up to slow peoples "exploration" of Provinces down - and then have quests in the Event to make you explore.

I still say they need to look at making sure they have things in Events like this that don't stop lower level folks from participating. Maybe look at being able to set the quest requirements differently for different folks, for example: a person new to the game needs to upgrade a building to 3 or 4, while those in the game longer can upgrade a building to 12+ or some such (if that's even possible to do).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The ones that really puzzle me are the ones that are set up to have you do things that (it has been said) the Devs do things to have you *not* do; I'm talking about how they set stuff up to slow peoples "exploration" of Provinces down - and then have quests in the Event to make you explore.
Even if you take it as a given that you have to do the event, you don't have to explore. Anyone who is overscouted should be able to handle ten or so provinces in the tournament, which provides more than a dozen relics for each star. We have the option to upgrade buildings instead of scouting if past chapter 3, and most people can get past chapter three in a couple of weeks if they try.

I think one of the things that gets people in trouble is the rush to finish the event quickly. That's a valid strategy, and in many ways desirable, but forces you to either pay for diamonds or push your boundaries in the game. We've got nearly a month, which means four tournaments, which can easily provide a couple of hundred relics without doing any additional scouting or province fights.

DeletedUser7370

I think one of the things that gets people in trouble is the rush to finish the event quickly. That's a valid strategy, and in many ways desirable, but forces you to either pay for diamonds or push your boundaries in the game. We've got nearly a month...

The problem with that is the daily buildings. I am in chapter 4 and doing the math for how I am building my city and short/long term benefits of the buildings the only good buildings are the sun codex and observatory, days 6 and 7 respectively. Those can only be obtained in that particular day which means I need to rack up as many points as possible by day 7 and then fire them all off to try to collect as many observatories as possible. After that only the orc strategist one is mildly interesting. The cult building has only 2/3rds the culture of temple of ages, which I get at the end of the chapter; and one L15 residence provides nearly the same population and I currently have over 2000 excess population because nearly all my residences are at L15.

If things were a little different, then yes it would just be a matter of respecting that we have a whole month.

DeletedUser6335

@Ashrem, I understand where you are coming from - *but* as a newer player who just pretty much got my troops wiped out in the last tourney and/or spent way too much stuff in costs for negotiating what I couldn't fight, it's just very difficult. Also, I'm speaking from the perspective of new players who very well don't have an FS and possibly haven't really looked around here (let's face it, not everyone does)...they won't know not to overextend in Scouting and here is a quest telling them to do just that...it seems silly and counterproductive on the Devs parts. How is a new player going to go about updating buildings from level 3 to level 12 multiple times? The time/cost is just...wow. I get that the Events are a good thing (even if the rewards aren't the best ever), but I just wonder about the thinking - I mean I know you (they - the Devs) want to keep established, "older" players interested; don't you want the newer players to feel included/interested as well?

And, yes, I know we have a good amount of time to do the Event..but I know how close I came to not finishing the Valentine's Event and I'm sure without the guides posted here by many kind folks I'd lack the ability to do this one. The planning ahead is helping out tons - but again, not everyone comes here to find those things and not everyone is in a helpful FS (meaning they haven't found one yet).

DeletedUser6578

@Ashrem, I understand where you are coming from - *but* as a newer player who just pretty much got my troops wiped out in the last tourney and/or spent way too much stuff in costs for negotiating what I couldn't fight, it's just very difficult. Also, I'm speaking from the perspective of new players who very well don't have an FS and possibly haven't really looked around here (let's face it, not everyone does)...they won't know not to overextend in Scouting and here is a quest telling them to do just that...it seems silly and counterproductive on the Devs parts. How is a new player going to go about updating buildings from level 3 to level 12 multiple times? The time/cost is just...wow. I get that the Events are a good thing (even if the rewards aren't the best ever), but I just wonder about the thinking - I mean I know you (they - the Devs) want to keep established, "older" players interested; don't you want the newer players to feel included/interested as well?

It seems like some of the quests aren't really possible to complete if your brand new, even though they try to keep things at a level that all players can complete (such as gain 50 marble, wood, and steel): it's a pretty easy step for players that are established but still doable for the new players. But I started around the time of the winter quest, I had only been playing for maybe 3 weeks, and I did have some trouble with quest lines, and I honestly over scouted because I had no idea that that would be a bad thing, and I wasn't in a Fellowship yet. But the truth is they have events pretty regularly (they even had a valentine's quest between the christmas one and now, and that was a shorter quest). So even if you're a newer player and can't finish this quest line, you'll have more in the future. I can feel that frustration though; as I had the same problem with the winter one.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The events are a strange animal. There's really no actual prize for finishing them, yet people feel like they must do so. If you look at the events as something extra to do with your time, then there's no much downside to not getting to the end. It would be different if they had a more interesting and developed story-line that made us care what happens to the Phoenix cult, or if there was a guarantee of an interesting prize at the end, but the simple fact is that we aren't guaranteed anything, no matter how well we do in the event. So pushing ourselves to finish it is a choice with few upsides. We might get a particular daily building we covet, but a month or two from now that building will be less efficient than something else, then we just have to agonize again over whether to preserve the pretty pixel-trinket or tear it down and have nothing at all to show for having finished the event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4345

Thank you for posting the information. My FS is using your guide and we are really having fun. I know there are a lot of people that aren't enjoying it as much, but I guess some of us really are. Your walk-thru and all the work you put into all the links is amazing and we appreciate it. For us, this is still a game and still fun and your guides help take some of the frustration out of it. So, in case you haven't seen it in a few pages, thank you for the work and the effort and the information. We all appreciate it!!